Empowering groups and individuals to understand and deliver marketing and audience development by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and confidence needed.
Training sessions can be delivered at your premises to groups of varying sizes, or on a one-to-one basis. They can be complemented by ongoing support by email and phonecalls, and toolkits which you can use as a reference guide on an ongoing basis.
Training sessions are bespoke and tailored to your requirements. Topics range from devising a marketing strategy or audience development plan, to running focus groups, non-user consultation, museum brands and websites.
I have facilitated workshops with a range of organisations in different sectors, of different sizes and with a range of interests and issues. Having been trained by the Institute of Cultural Affairs (ICA) in Group Facilitation Methods, I frequently use and build on their Focused Conversation Method and Consensus Workshop Method in workshops that I facilitate.
Projects have include:
- delivering a year-long programme of marketing and audience development training workshops for museums across the East of England on behalf of SHARE Museums East – Norfolk Museum’s regional programme for museum development funded by the Arts Council;
- training on non-user consultation for the South East Museum Development Programme;
- delivering training on visitor surveys to Hampshire Military Museums Network;
- facilitating a branding workshop for Great Yarmouth’s heritage sector, on behalf of Great Yarmouth Borough Council;
- courses on museum branding and leaflets for SHARE Museums East;
- training staff and event volunteers part of the North Norfolk Stories project about event marketing;
- courses on marketing to support income generation and fundraising, and promoting venue hire for SHARED Enterprise, a HLF-funded project to develop business-minded museums;
- focus group training for various clients;
- a course on websites as a marketing tool for The Association of Suffolk Museums.
Testimonials from past training courses delivered:
“Christina Lister was an excellent speaker and had done a lot of research – it was all presented in a clear way.”
“The session was very informative, a good mix of practical info, discussion and exercises and to engage with other participants. The trainer was excellent and gauged the audience perfectly.”
“The session was well pitched, excellent handouts and clear objectives. Very good response from Christina to the needs of the organisation.”
“The leading by Christina Lister was excellent. Good examples based on relevant personal experience.”
“Excellent session. Lots of practical tips / learning. Trainer was extremely engaging and helpful.”
“I have some great ideas to take forward and some practical / simple things that I can do now to improve things.”
“Good variety of activities, discussion, lecture etc. Pitched at a level that could be interpreted in various locations.”