Empowering groups and individuals to understand and deliver marketing and audience development by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and confidence needed.
Workshop sessions can be delivered at your premises to groups of varying sizes, or on a one-to-one basis. They can be complemented by toolkits which you can use as a reference guide on an ongoing basis.
Training sessions are bespoke and tailored to your requirements. Topics range from devising a marketing strategy or audience development plan, to running focus groups, non-user consultation, museum brands and websites.
Projects have include:
- delivering a year-long programme of marketing and audience development training workshops for museums across the East of England on behalf of SHARE Museums East – Norfolk Museum’s regional programme for museum development funded by the Arts Council;
- focus group training for various clients;
- training on non-user consultation for the South East Museum Development Programme;
- courses on museum branding and leaflets for SHARE Museums East;
- training staff and event volunteers part of the North Norfolk Stories project about event marketing;
- courses on marketing to support income generation and fundraising for SHARED Enterprise, a HLF-funded project to develop business minded museums;
- a course on websites as a marketing tool for the Association of Suffolk Museums.
Testimonials from past training courses delivered:
“The session was very informative, a good mix of practical info, discussion and exercises and to engage with other participants. The trainer was excellent and gauged the audience perfectly.”
“The session was well pitched, excellent handouts and clear objectives. Very good response from Christina to the needs of the organisation.”
“The leading by Christina Lister was excellent. Good examples based on relevant personal experience.”
“I have some great ideas to take forward and some practical / simple things that I can do now to improve things.”