Developing a marketing strategy or audience development strategy that supports your business plan and overall organisational goals.
Strategies are based on thorough research and take account of your resources, budgets, timescales and skill levels. The resulting plan includes appropriate tactics, budgets and methods of evaluation.
Development typically includes desk-based research, site visits, a facilitated workshop with key people to gather input and ensure buy-in and interviews and conversations with key stakeholders.
It is intended to be a working document that will guide activities and be used as a regular reference tool.
Project experience includes:
- creating a marketing strategy and action plan for the Museum of Zoology, Cambridge for their Heritage Lottery Fund supported redevelopment project;
- undertaking a marketing audit for Tunbridge Wells Museum & Art Gallery;
- developing a marketing strategy and action plan for Great Malvern: Route to the Hills;
- producing a marketing plan and audience development strategy with a team of consultants for Cambridge Museum of Technology, as part of the museum’s Heritage Lottery Fund Stage 2 bid;
- analysing and comparing visitor survey data for de Havilland Aircraft Museum.
John Little, Trustee and Project Client, Cambridge Museum of Technology:
“Christina Lister Associates worked with Cambridge Museum of Technology to develop an Audience Development Plan and Marketing Plan as part of a Heritage Lottery Funded development project. The assignment included customer and stakeholder research and consultation, analysis, focus groups and workshops, and developing the final documents and costed plans.
“Their tender submission, project conduct and reports were all highly professional, thoughtful, helpful and cost-effective. I would not hesitate to recommend their services in the area of marketing, research and audience and PR work.”