I’m a co-founder of the volunteer-run Museum Freelance Network which is designed to support and champion freelancers and consultants working with museums, galleries, archives, libraries, and heritage sites. We provide a platform for arts and heritage freelancers to collaborate, network, share news and opportunities.
Working alongside colleagues Marge Ainsley and Laura Crossley, the Network:
- organises an annual conference for freelancers
- hosts monthly Twitter chats via @museumfreelance
- runs training courses tailored to freelancers in the cultural sector
- arranges regional meet-ups
- encourages debate and discussion on our LinkedIn Group
- produces a regular e-newsletter.
Please get involved and in touch if you’re a freelancer or consultant – or someone who is thinking about it – we’d love to hear from you!