I’m a marketing and audience development consultant and specialise in working with museums, heritage sites, cultural venues and festivals.
I help cultural organisations to understand, develop and carry out effective and targeted audience development and marketing in order to:
- entice and engage existing and new visitors, audiences and users
- create meaningful and memorable audience experiences
- support organisational growth and sustainability.
I do this by:
- undertaking audience and non-user research and consultation
- developing marketing and audience development strategies
- delivering bespoke training and workshop facilitation
- running marketing and communications campaigns.
I’m passionate about empowering clients with the knowledge, tools and confidence to use strategic, targeted and well-executed marketing and audience development, and love seeing the results this can inspire.
I’m based in Norwich but work across the country. Examples of clients include SHARE Museums East, the Science Museum Group, Cambridge Museum of Technology, South East Museum Development Programme, the Norwich Historic Churches Trust, Colchester and Ipswich Museums Service, Ensemble Dance Co, the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL), de Havilland Aircraft Museum, Great Malvern: Route to the Hills, Suffolk Association of Museums, Hampshire Military Museums Network and Vivacity Peterborough Culture and Leisure. For a more extensive list of clients and summary of the projects please check out my Clients page.
I am a runner-up in the National Freelancer of the Year Awards 2015 run by IPSE (The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed). I’m a member of:
- the Arts Marketing Association
- the Association of Independent Museums
- the Women Cultural Leaders Network East.
I am a contributor to industry blogs, media articles and social media and speak at conferences such as the Museums Association Conference, the Museums + Heritage Show and Visitor Studies Group Conference.
Museum Freelance Network
I’m a co-founder of the volunteer-run Museum Freelance Network which is designed to support and champion freelancers and consultants working with museums, galleries, archives, libraries, and heritage sites. We provide a platform for arts and heritage freelancers to collaborate, network, share news and opportunities.
Site image credits