Following the success of the first ever Museum Freelance event back in March about Proactive, Empowered and Confident Freelancing, I’m really excited to be organising the follow-up. This time the theme is Resilient Freelancing – ‘resilient’ is a word banded about so frequently in the culture sector, but we wanted to explore what it means for a freelancer. What makes a freelancer resilient? What makes there business resilient?
In what promises to be an inspiring and thought-provoking session, speakers and the topics they will explore include:
- Christopher Barnatt, Futurist, ExplainingTheFuture.com: key future challenges and opportunities that no museum freelancer will be able to ignore;
- Mike Ellis, Director, Thirty 8: the tools and techniques that are useful in helping freelancers to balance their working lives and ultimately find time to do things other than work;
- Elizabeth Power, Head of Learning, London Transport Museum: a client’s point of view about what clients look for in freelancers;
- Bridget McKenzie, Director, Flow Associates: how freelancers can be more effective in relating to others;
- Ben Matthews, Director, Montfort: ideas and inspiration to break the cycle of trading time for services delivered, create regular recurring work, and increase your value to your clients.
Marge Ainsley will also facilitate a series of bitesize talks from freelancers as they share what tools, tips and lessons have made them resilient, and an optional social session at the end of the day.
For the full programme and to book please visit: www.buytickets.at/museumfreelance. The early bird rate until 15 December: £70, after which tickets are £90.
We are funding 4 free places for the participants on the Young Freelancers programme. Thanks to support from Montfort and Laura Crossley, there are also 3 free spaces with travel expenses paid for available, with the aim of increasing the diversity of participants and museum freelancers generally. For more information and to apply please visit: https://goo.gl/forms/DMoyXpNKmLrsKYvZ2.
Hope to see you there!